Thursday, March 29, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy Tangy Manderine #10

This isn't a review, cause I just bought this Yves Saint Laurent lipstick tonight at Sephora. As I mentioned Sephora is having their VIB (and regular Beauty Insider so I hear but it is slightly shorter) 15% off sale starting today. I stopped at the store on my way home tonight and got my free umbrella and "bag of goodies". There was nothing I was dying to have. I placed the Naked 2 palette in my basket and then walked around some more and put it back. I'm horribly indecisive. The store was really pushing their new Sephora + Pantone collaboration and honestly, nothing from that line was exciting or wearable to me. I can't pull off orange lipsticks no matter how much Sephora claims I can and let me just mention that aside from the lipstick, which was packaged beautifully and seemed great for most non-me skintones, the rest of the collection was very meh. The blush duo was horribly shimmery, the eyeshadow was chunky, the lip glosses had more glitter than I care for and I can pass on the orange nail polishes.

Anyway, I guess the orange vibe got to me eventually, because I was around the Yves Saint Laurent display and saw this color and said, "ooooh" Tangerine Tango I can wear! Enter Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy Tangy Manderine (Glossy Balm Crystal Color). 
Lovely luxe packaging, sheer juicy formula, aside from the whole crazy mega expensive at $30 thing, Tangy Manderine and I have had a short tumultuous love affair... so far.
Top is when I swatched it in the store and then came home and washed my hands. I find it hilarious that this product stains the skin but I couldn't get the glossy stains to! Bottom is a new full-on swatch. This is basically the tangerine for girls that don't think they can wear tangerine.
My lips are in poor shape and I did find the color collected in the lip lines a little but even so, I do find the color moisturizing and you can only tell when you do a lip close up.

I personally love this shade and I bet I'll get a lot of wear out of it, especially this summer. As I said, it's a safe tangerine.