Sunday, December 26, 2010

Kat Von D Adora

I won't say this is a fragrance review as I am not exactly what you would call a scent expert, however, I do love and use fragrance. Back when I reached the precocious age of 12, my uncle would often buy me a fragrance set for my birthday or the holidays. He always selected fragrance sets which were far past my age, Estee Lauder scents housed in a gold box. My mom was always a little confused by this and I'm sure she gave my uncle a few key words after the gifting took place.

Anyway, in a recent Sephora order, I received a sample of Kat Von D's Adora fragrance. 

According to Sephora, the notes are: Lychee, Boysenberry, Thyme, Cassis, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Mango Flesh, Patchouli, Sheer Musk, Amber Wood

After smelling the vial, I automatically knew I wouldn't like it but I gave it a chance on the skin. First thing that hit me, Estee Lauder Knowing from one of the fragrance sets of my youth, kind of a warm, slightly sweet but spicy scent.

Top Notes: Rose, Tuberose, Mimosa, Plum, Pittosporum
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Patchouli, Orange Flower
Base Notes: Oakmoss, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber

Not very many notes match up, but I guess the Jasmine, Patchouli and Amber are enough for my untrained nose. Either way, you can get the Adora fragrance set at Sephora for $39 plus an extra 20% off with code EXTRA thought January 1 or while stock lasts if that's your kind of scent.