Monday, February 1, 2010

Paul & Joe Lipsticks

A few things first. My graduate class starts this week so the amount of postings I do will probably decrease, although I've done a few this weekend that I've scheduled through blogger. And about midway through taking photographs for this post, my camera decided to stop focusing so there may be a couple blurry pictures.

As I mentioned (also here), I was able to get some Paul & Joe cosmetics for a very good price. I've already looked at the eyeshadows I bought, now onto lipsticks. As with all Paul & Joe items, the lipsticks come in the perhaps the cutest packaging ever. I picked up 5 colors.

 
 
#1 Secret of Gold: This is basically a sheer pink base with lots of gold shimmer throughout. I'm not sure you can see it in the swatch but it's quite pretty and nice and subtle. This is not your MAC dazzleglass glitter. This is subtle sophisticated shimmer.
#6 Biscuit: This is a beigey nude with a pink sheen. Quite pretty by itself. I'm not sure how it'll look on my lips and with my skintone.
#10 Maroon Glace: Slightly metallic beige. I'm not a fan of frosty lipsticks so isn't one of my favorites but I'll try to make it work.
 
  
#20 Milk Chocolate: This color is right up my alley. It really isn't very chocolatey at all, kind of neutral rosey with maybe a hint of brown. This is a little less rosey than my natural lip color. Looks like it will be a great office color.
#22 Dame: And finally the star of the night. This luscious red is stunning! It is super pigmented and will leave a stain on your lips. I even did a lip swatch (note my lips are rather pigmented on their own and this was done hastily without a lip brush or even lip liner AND I then promptly dropped the precious so it is now sadly disfigured but still usable thank goodness, oh please forgive the sad state they are in as well)
 
full on and badly applied on dry lips
Paul & Joe lipsticks generally retail for $20, though I was able to get them for $7.99 which is a great deal. There are tons of shades from dark and vampy to neutral. The formula is creamy and has no discernible smell or taste. These pictures were all taken in natural light.

4 comments:

Pink Sith said...

Whoo Hoo! That is a great price for P&J. Way to go! The red lippie is the prettiest and looks wonderful on you!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Elvira: Thank you! Maybe I'll get up the nerve to wear it out of the house unblotted. =)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Great haul, I agree on P&J having gorgeous packaging! I really like the red on you, but I think Milk Chocolate will look super pretty too =)

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Marce: I think I'm more likely to wear Milk Chocolate out of the house! =)

Post a Comment